Techivita's Note: Day 5 of the failed 30 day writing challenge. This prompt was to mash together 15 songs without the words "hate" or "you" in the title, in order to create a giant hate poem. This is my result! All of the colors correspond with the songs listed below. Enjoy!
- “Nightmare” by Set It Off
- “Echo” by CrusherP
- “Killer” by The Ready Set
- “Colors” by Hasley
- “Here” by Alessia Cara
- “Chasing Ghosts” by Against the Current
- “Ashes” by NateWantsToBattle
- “Dollhouse” by Melanie Martinez
- “Determination” by DJSmell
- “Dead Silence” by NateWantsToBattle
- “Wiser” by Madilyn Bailey
- “A Sadness Runs Through Him” by The Hoosiers
- “Panacea and Prologue” by Area 11
- “Bad Time” by Lollia
- “Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing” by Set It Off
Something doesn’t feel right
No, something seems wrong
And I’ve been feeling this way,
For far too long.
What the hell’s going on
Can someone help me please
Stuck in a limbo
Me and my sins go toe to toe
I’m covered in the colors
Pulled apart at the seams.
How did it ever come to this
I should’ve never come to this
Gave you my heart and soul
Thought I was chasing love
Now you’re just a monster
I can see it in your smile
And in your eyes
There’s no compassion
No there’s nothing left inside.
Everyone thinks that we’re perfect
Please don’t let them look through the curtains.
You kill me again.
Again and again.
This land it reeks of death
And all your broken promises
It’s all your fault.
But I come back knowing so much more
I’m wiser from the mess you made
I feel no pain.
Looked in the wrong place for redemption
Don’t look at me with those eyes
I’d follow you, but not this time
Your sins, prove you’re bound to get dunked tonight
Cause you’re in for a bad time
You will pay, you will pay
Karma’s gonna come collect your debt.